DBS ENHANCED CERTIFICATES
Nanny & Co has the facility to take applicants through the entire DBS process.
Nanny & Co always recommend nannies subscribe to the DBS Update Service - https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Full advice is given to the applicants throughout the process.
The DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) certificate is one of the vital checks to register with Nanny&Co (and all good nanny agencies) and below are the steps you have to go through to complete the DBS application process, previously known as CRB (Criminal Records Bureau).
DBS Checks cost £65 and the fee is payable to Nanny&Co once you've completed the application for and prior to verification of your ID documents as declared on your application.
Please note that once you have your DBS Certificate, Nanny&Co highly recommend that you register with the Update Service which costs £13 a year and automatically updates your DBS profile. The step-by-step guide below takes you through both processes.
Make sure you have AT LEAST the following ID documents to hand:-
- NI number (if they have one)
- Five-year address history including postcodes
- Passport details (if they have one)
- UK driver licence details (if they have one)
- Birth certificate
For further information on what ID documents are acceptable please follow the link: https://www.onlinecrbcheck.co.uk/docs/iddocchk.pdf
SIMPLES! The process is...
- Nanny&Co will send you a link to the online registration portal and give you a unique number to enter.
- The format online is very simple to follow, so add the details of the documents you're using as identity verification and SUBMIT.
- Nanny&Co will receive an email confirming it has been completed but it's wise to update Nanny&Co that you've completed the form and arrange a verification interview to verify the documents you've declared.
- Nanny&Co will raise an invoice for £65.00 will be raised for your swift payment. This must be paid for by the application before the verification interview so that the application can be processed.
- At the verification interview, your ID will be checked and the completion of the DBS check is done in person at Nanny&Co HQ.
- Make sure you bring the ID documents you declared, then the application is approved at the end of that verification interview and the DBS Certificate will wing its way to you within two weeks!
Once the application has been ID checked, the applicant will also receive an email from the provider confirming they have completed it, giving contact telephone number for after-care and a link to the DBS so that they can track the progress of their application from start to finish.
Nanny&Co will receive the DBS Certificate first and this will then be emailed to the applicant.
DBS DONE! NOW SUBSCRIBE TO THE UPDATE SERVICE!
Having registered with the Update Service it also allows you to give access to your records to Nanny&Co (or indeed anyone else you wish to share this information with) as and when required so your records are always absolutely up-to-date.
Reasons to join the DBS Update Service from their website:
- Organisations can carry out a quick online Status check to see if an individual’s Certificate is still up to date – saving you both time and money
- Add/Remove DBS Applications/Certificates.
- View the organisations who have checked the status of your Certificate(s).
- Amend your contact and payment details.
To register your DBS check with the Update Service, you can contact them on 0300 0200 190 WITHIN 30 DAYS of obtaining your DBS Certificate or to subscribe online at https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/crsc/subscriber
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), update service allows applicants to keep the DBS certificates up to date online and allows employers to check a certificate online. This means you may never have to apply for anther DBS again providing it is the same type and level of check which is required for each role you are working in.
How to register
You can either register online as soon as you have your application form reference number (top right hand corner of your form F0000…..) Or you can wait and register with your certificate number when you receive your DBS certificate. If you wait you must register within 14 days of the certificate being issued.
To register go to https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/crsc/subscriber
Click on the Subscribe to the Update Service (bottom right of the screen). Follow the instructions and complete with the relevant details.
Registration lasts for 1 year and costs £13 per year which is payable by debit or credit card only Once you have registered you will get an ID number which you will need to remember in order to log on to the service. Keep this number safe!
What do I need to register with the Update Service?
You will need to provide the following information for registration:
- Your name, gender, date of birth and email address
- The reference number from your application form or the DBS Certificate number
Why should I register for this service?
Once you have registered you will be able to do the following in your account:
- Keep your certificate permanently up to date so you will not need to apply for a new certificate again
- Your DBS check is more portable – you can take it from one job to the next without re-applying for a new certificate each time
- This gives employers and agencies permission to check your certificate online, giving them instant results and eliminating the need to wait several weeks for a DBS certificate to arrive before being offered a position or starting a new position with a new employer.
- You can see who has checked your certificate
- You can add or remove certificates
- The DBS will notify subscribers to the Update Service if their status changes on a certificate.
CPD INFORMATION (incl. ongoing support)
Childcare professionals working in day nurseries, school or sure start have the opportunity to meet yearly with a mentor to have time to plan their career. They set goals, plan training opportunities as well as look back over the year and reflect on their strengths and weaknesses. It is an opportunity to improve skills, debrief on tricky situations and sound off on problems. We have the skills to help you keep moving your career forward and we will give you the opportunity to do this.
These development meeting can take place once a year (or more if you feel you need it) and will help you to feel supported. We can also get feedback from your employer and discuss with them any training they would like you to do.
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
The Nanny Club Facebook page is a place for all the nannies on our agency books to chat, share and learn. Please find us on Facebook and join the chin wag.